Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday July 28, 2012 - Day 8 of Whole30

Food
Breakfast:  6 slices of bell pepper, 2 over-medium eggs, 5 carrots
Lunch:  Salad of romaine, red onion, carrots, tomatoes, hamburger, a little mayo and mustard, and 1/4 avocado
Snack: Kombucha (GT's brand and the Trilogy type is my favorite.  Only has 4g sugar in the entire bottle), 10 macadamia nuts, 1/2 grapefruit
Dinner: Salmon 4 ways + sweet potato wedges.  
Snack: 1/2 cup of berries (strawberries/blueberries) + drizzle of coconut milk (full-fat) and 5 chopped almonds sprinkled on top


Workout
Morning:
AMRAP in 20:00 of:
400m run
10 burpee box jumps, 24/20″
30 sit-ups
I did 4 rounds + 400m run + 10 burpee box jumps.  Then I did some lower ab work, pull ups, push ups, and dips.  I will get a muscle up next year.
Evening: Mobility WOD #2 plus 20 min self-guided stretching


Mood/Feelings/Notes
Felt pretty good today.  Struggled a little during the WOD because I got kind of crampy, but it wasn't that bad.  My energy is pretty good today, but I still feel a little of the "wah wah" I can't have a snack.  ESPECIALLY because my sister posted that she made THESE for breakfast this morning and it made me really mad because I have a huge 5 lb bag of honeyville amond flour sitting in my cupboard untouched for another 22 days! Oh well... will be something to look forward to after the Whole 30!  Off to find something to do with the huge salmon fillet I have in the fridge!  (Update: I wasn't sure what kind of salmon I was in the mood for so I cut the 2 lb piece into 4 separate pieces and experimented a little.  I made Sesame Ginger, Lemon Ginger, Lemon Dill, and a spicy/savory one (Cumin, Paprika, Garlic, and S&P).  Since I used fresh ginger, the two ginger salmon pieces were a bit overwhelming for my taste, but they were still good.  I think the Lemon Dill was my favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment